Fans & Tassel earrings
Wear now, pay later - 4 easy payments of $18.75 fortnightly with More info
Gorgeous golden filigree vintage oriental fans with a leaf motif and tiny copper and gold tassels.
Stunning, simple and easy to wear day into night.
Earring drop including tassel: 8.5cm
Width of fan: 5.5cm
Earring wires are 18 carat gold plated
The secret language of the fan had its hey day in the 18th century.
- The fan placed near the heart: "You have won my love"
- A closed fan touching the right eye: "When may I be allowed to see you?"
- The number of sticks shown answered the question: "At what hour?"
- Threatening movements with a fan closed: "Do not be so imprudent"
- Half-opened fan pressed to the lips: "You may kiss me"
- Hands clasped together holding an open fan: "Forgive me"
- Covering the left ear with an open fan: "Do not betray our secret"
- Hiding the eyes behind an open fan: "I love you"
- Shutting a fully opened fan slowly: "I promise to marry you"
- Drawing the fan across the eyes: "I am sorry"
- Touching the finger to the tip of the fan: "I wish to speak with you"
- Letting the fan rest on the right cheek: "Yes"
- Letting the fan rest on the left cheek: "No"
- Opening and closing the fan several times: "You are cruel"
- Dropping the fan: "We will be friends"
- Fanning slowly: "I am married"
- Fanning quickly: "I am engaged"
- Putting the fan handle to the lips: "Kiss me"
- Opening a fan wide: "Wait for me"
- Placing the fan behind the head: "Do not forget me"
- Placing the fan behind the head with finger extended: "Goodbye"
- Fan in right hand in front of face: "Follow me"
- Fan in left hand in front of face: "I am desirous of your acquaintance"
- Fan held over left ear: "I wish to get rid of you"
- Drawing the fan across the forehead: "You have changed"
- Twirling the fan in the left hand: "We are being watched"
- Twirling the fan I the right hand: "I love another"
- Carrying the open fan in the right hand: "You are too willing"
- Carrying the open fan in the left hand: "Come and talk to me"
- Drawing the fan through the hand: "I hate you!"
- Drawing the fan across the cheek: "I love you!"
- Presenting the fan shut: "Do you love me?"
Ghost and Lola hand-sculpt contemporary jewellery for modern day gypsies and fashionistas from rare gems and vintage components, offering glamorous and exquisitely detailed hand-crafted one-off creations.
Handmade in Byron Bay, Australia