Fans and Tassels Earrings
Gorgeous golden filigree vintage oriental fans with leaf motif and tiny copper tassels.
Stunning, simple and easy to wear day into night.
Earring wires are 18 carat gold plated.
Earrings drop 8cm
The secret language of the fan had its hey day in the 18th century, for example:
- The fan placed near the heart: "You have won my love"
- A closed fan touching the right eye: "When may I be allowed to see you?"
- The number of sticks shown answered the question: "At what hour?"
- Threatening movements with a fan closed: "Do not be so imprudent"
- Half-opened fan pressed to the lips: "You may kiss me"
- Hands clasped together holding an open fan: "Forgive me"
- Covering the left ear with an open fan: "Do not betray our secret"
- Hiding the eyes behind an open fan: "I love you"
- Shutting a fully opened fan slowly: "I promise to marry you"
- Drawing the fan across the eyes: "I am sorry"
- Touching the finger to the tip of the fan: "I wish to speak with you"